Monday, June 18, 2012

What makes a runner?


I have to admit that I feel a little silly creating a blog about running. I read blogs about these amazing runners and their 1st place finished, PR's and many logged miles, which in turn makes me feel like a fraud. I am an average woman, wife, and soon to be mother from Lockport, NY who runs whenever I can make time. I can't hold a candle to most of these runners in terms of time or distance. But, does that make me any less of a runner? Does that mean that I am any less passionate about it? I think not. I think that just like the world is made up of all different kinds of people, the running world, too, is made up of all different types of runners. Whether you run 100 mile ultra marathons or just a few miles a week, you are a runner! And let's face it, if there weren't people like me out there, who run 3-4 miles a day, a couple times a week, you ultramarathoners and speed racers wouldn't look as good! So, you're welcome:)
Ok, ok I have a confession to make, I have run a few ultras in my day, a few marathons too. I don't feel any need to share my times with you because quite frankly it doesn't matter. I did it! I reached my goal of the finish line, regardless of how long it took me, I did it! I put in the training and the miles and I laced up my sneaks everyday and hit the pavement. Who cares what place I finished in? I loved every minute of it. So for all you average joe's out there, who think that you can't call yourself a runner, well you couldn't be more wrong! Whether you run one mile or a hundred, all that matters is that you get out there! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment